Mujeres Latinas: We share many fabulous traits; we are smart, sexy,vibrant and committed to our families. We are amazing woman who proudly embrace our roots and we are not only defined by our culture. But, also our self confidence, achievements and our values.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Whooping Cough is still lingering in California...

Happy Monday Mujeres!

Did you have your tea, coffee, or energy  boost yet?  I did!  Anyway, I was talking to my sis in law about whooping cough in California.  My niece is going to be a sophomore in high school and they are asking for another Whooping Cough (Pertussis) shot.  She is not happy to get another shot. Poor baby girl.  Who likes shots right? So, I looked into it and now I know why. I found this information about other rare diseases that are still around in 10 States!  Check out the link I found in Yahoo:
http://health.yahoo.net/articles/emergency/10-states-where-rare-and-exotic-diseases-lurk

I also found the Vaccination Schedule 2011 for kids up to 18 yrs old:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W1OBILPlTwo/TbynMpQCGwI/AAAAAAAAAUs/MfCo5J_QJ28/s1600/child-vaccinations-immunizations-0-to-18-years-old.JPG


In a few words, take a look at your kids Immunization card and see what else is needed.  I understand lots of people don't like vaccinations because of famous side effects.  My humble opinion is: get the most important shots!  They will protect your kids.  I personally do not like the flu shot and my kids have survived without it for 2 years.  I load them up with tons vitamin C and green veggies!  I hope you find this information helpful!

Have a great Monday! Muchos besos y abrazos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment