Mujeres Latinas: We share many fabulous traits; we are smart, sexy,vibrant and committed to our families. We are amazing woman who proudly embrace our roots and we are not only defined by our culture. But, also our self confidence, achievements and our values.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Keeping our beautiful Spanish in our kids' lives! Mantener nuestro hermoso idioma con nuestros hijos!

Buenos Dias Mujeres!

Who knows this song? Los Pollitos dicen?  It brings me so many memories. It made me smile! I bought it for my kiddos!  Here is the link to purchase:
http://astore.amazon.com/spangl-20/detail/0316338524
Today, it's lazy Friday at my work and have lots of free time... Yay!  Blogging time!  So, you will have several posts from me today.
Bueno, my first language is Spanish and I love my language.  As a bilingual mujer, I feel blessed to be able to communicate, dream, think and live in two different languages.  Even, if my grammar in Spanish it's not as advanced... I still enjoy it!
 As a momma, I would like for my kids to feel the same.  I would love for them to embrace and love it as much as I do.  However, I catch myself speaking more English with them.  My daugther (Grecia) spoke only Spanish for her first 3 years. Once, she got to preschool, her English starting flowing.  Now, she is speaks both and I feel like she is so lucky.  In the other hand, my boy (Bautista) speaks more English.  I blame myself for that.  It was easier and I was lazy.  I feel so guilty.  From now on, I make this a commitment to keep my language live in my Casita and I will do my best. 
I found some great websites and blogs that will help me succeed and I hope all you Latina mommas do the same.  Wish me luck and let our Spanish keep on flowing!
This is an excellent website that will come in handy for the mommas that decide to have bilingual kiddos!  Good Luck!
http://www.spanglishbaby.com/

¿Quién sabe esta canción? ¿Los Pollitos dicen? Me trae tantas memorias. ¡Me hizo sonríer! Lo compre para mis hijos.... Yay!
Hoy, es un viernes perezoso( Flojo) en mi trabajo y tengo mucho tiempo libre... ¡Yay! ¡Tiempo para escribir en el blog!
Bueno, mi primer idioma es Espanol y adoro mi idioma. Como un mujer bilingüe, yo me siento bendecida por poder comunicarme, soñar, pensar y vivir en dos idiomas diferentes. Aunque no tenga la mejor ortografia y vocabulario avanzado. 
Y como una mamá Latina, yo quería que mis niños sientan lo mismo. Quiero que ellos amen su idioma tanto como yo. Sin embargo, yo he hablado más inglés con ellos... Un gran error! Mi hija (Grecia) habló solamente español por sus primeros 3 años de su vida. Cuando empezo el pre-kinder su inglés empezo a crecer. Fue como que le encendieron el boton. Ahora, ella es bilingue.  En cambio, mi hijo (Bautista) habla más inglés y muy poco Espanol.  Me siento culpable...Fue más fácil. Fui perezosa (floja, aragana).  Me da mucha tristeza.  A si que de ahora en adelante, hago una promesa de mantener mi idioma vivo en mi Casita y hablaremos mas en Espanol! 


Encontré algunos  sitios web y  blogs que me ayudarán a tener éxito con mi nueva aventura. Espero  cualquier mamasita Latina que lea esto haga lo mismo y que mi informacion les ayude. ¡Suerte y mantegamos el Espanol vivo en nuestro hogar!

No comments:

Post a Comment